Scouse in the South

Scouse in the South

Wednesday 8 June 2011

broken hearted...

7:30am


...well that's what I think really killed Abigail off overnight, her and Waldo were quite the 'Brangelina.' As I began my walk down to the land (in lashing rain which promptly disappeared when down there leaving DD and I looking ridiculous to the passing double deckers in full waterproofs!) with some trepidation I have to admit, it soon became crystal to me that the now familiar gloves, bag and spade ('essential' items for moi replacing lipstick, perfume and a good handbag) was needed thanks to Mr & Mrs Crow/Rook/Raven - whatever-you-bloody-horrible-birds-are, leaving yet another sight to behold...


Amelia continues to fight but she has now lost her drake and best buddy so is now the only IR in the flock (ha!) of 2 KC's . She's had another shot of medicine without complaint bless her. Though the KC's seem fine I have to treat them too and put it down as a good thing when they nearly pecked my finger off protesting.


So, back to the house hating all things carrion, feeling sad I have to say at Abigail's passing, wondering how to explain it all to DD which I'll have to do at some point, wondering how many ducks can one bury in a compost heap? Having lost a lamb, a close family member and now 3 ducks my DD probably doesn't rate my mothering skills highly... 


You know, I have moaned at my ducks every single day threatening them with 'the pancake' and wishing to rename them at times morello, plum, orange... especially Waldo. Ah Waldo, what a great character you were, what battles we had - reader, his finest moment was when coming back from an evening out I decided to be lazy, stop the car, hop over the gate and put them away for the evening only to have yet another 'Carry On' moment (or perhaps 'Benny Hill' was more appropriate) chasing him around the pond. I claimed victory by catching him only for him to poo all over my brand new joules wool jacket, diesel jeans and pretty ballerinas...that'll teach me!


More updates later on today and I'll tell you a bit more about what else goes on 'on the land' as I appreciate my ducks have somewhat stolen the show presently! Will try and update the photos too but no promises today...


Mx

Weather: Showery (special rain that waits only for me to leave the house), breezy, around 16 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment