Scouse in the South

Scouse in the South

Thursday 9 June 2011

They say it goes in 3's...

...and whoever 'they' are is right. Despite appealing to fate/luck whatever I found my last IR Amelia dead this morning. Another lesson learned - nature isn't frivolous or soft! Funny, at the first one dead you'd have thought I was trying to remove a nuclear atom or something, today, with just a glove, I picked her up. I decided there and then to sacrifice my weekends blow dry and spray tan (seriously only use St Tropez - stops that fake look) and send Amelia off for a post mortem. I know I know! My farming/smallholder friends reading this will think I'm nuts for a ruddy duck (well 4 actually) but I just HAVE to know, to learn from it and to ensure my KC's aren't ready to drop dead and the new IR's I get next month won't be at risk...it's just this once. Mind you, I knew I was tempting fate having my ruined gelish nails redone yesterday...me and Jeyes fluid are a formidable team right now, but my nails have paid for it again...


So...what's it to be? - infection from one of the new ducks brought in, an area infection, carrion, straw...? It's the big whodunnit of Isfield (honestly, it's a very small village where we like to think this is scandal but really some people here really DO have big skeletons in their closets...!) 


Will write a bit more later on as usual!
Mx

Weather: VERY showery!! 18 degrees approx.

No comments:

Post a Comment