Scouse in the South

Scouse in the South

Thursday 30 June 2011

I lied

...you know that brave comment of 'Hiltz being fat enough not to fit through the gate?'  Yep, either I was having a moment of optimism big enough to rival Merkel & Crew's over in the Eurozone or Hiltz has been on some serious diet. Perhaps that's it. Perhaps that's the key to £$£$£$ - the grass and sheep nut diet...any takers? Anyway, one Hiltz found wandering alone in the duck paddock last night. Had to be last night. Wednesday's my busiest day by far being DD's chauffeur and it was with heavy Hunters did I do the nightly rounds. Thinking of that ice cool gin in the fridge all dreams of that were shattered at the sight of that bloody stupid sheep! Cue the gundog lead, one lassoed sheep and a hasty drag back to the field followed by even hastier reaffixing of the hurdles back onto the gate. Seriously sheep, when ARE you going to grow?


Spoke to my 'duck man' today who confirms 5 girls and 1 drake (I am mad aren't I for getting another drake?) are coming along, haven't been eaten by a fox, come down with illness, caught duck plague or been abducted and held to ransom. So far so good. The pick up eta being in fortnight or so. I am very excited in a not-letting-it-show sort of way, mainly because DD asks constantly about them and is very jealous her best friend has cute fluffy chicks. It's all a bit 'banker' really in that it's a risk getting my maximum number in one go as if DVE is still in the area it's going to go through them again. BUT, getting them all in one go means less exposure to illnesses, stress, realigning pecking orders etc etc etc...I'm waiting for nature to give me a sign but I imagine it's likely to come after the purchase rather than before...


Having survived the thunderstorms of Monday afternoon (broadband, sky and landline all down) the weather has been pretty constant which means everything has been growing, which for us means a) rabbits are eating everything growing and b) what the rabbits don't eat freak bugs are aiding and abetting. Rose Clear & Bug Clear are as high up as my purchases of Chanel toner & moisturiser and equally as important one might argue.


I am still to find out what those mystery creatures are that ran across the road the other day. I shall research and report back. Who knows? It could be a new species discovered in humble Isfield...most likely not! Speaking of the village. Is it just my village that has huge lorries using it all day long? I saw one swerve to avoid a deer this morning. Dangerous on so many levels - especially as he was coming round a bend way too fast, as most cars do if I'm honest. Now, my driving style has been described as 'enthusiastic' and venison is divine but seriously why can't they SLOW DOWN when passing through the villages?! Not least because their accident is bound to make me late for something vital like a hair or nail appointment and you can't afford to mess a hairdresser about round here as good ones are very hard to find....ahh...gone are my Mayfair salon days...thank god for GHDS....


Mx


Weather: Pleasant, settled, circa 18 degrees. Awesome , inspiring views of the downs - the stuff that makes you remember how good it feels to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment